The Values of Great Totham Primary School
Our school believes in:
- Cherishing each individual and inspiring a sense of belief in ourselves and pride in our school
- Being a place where relationships based on mutual respect are positive and enthusiastic, demonstrating a shared sense of team spirit
- Developing creative, confident freethinking individuals who are life long learners
- Enabling every child to achieve their full potential through an exciting, evolving and inclusive curriculum taught with inspiration and enthusiasm
- Being a safe, stimulating and ‘green’ environment and active member of the wider community
- Continuously improving, innovating and embracing change that is for the benefit of our children.
These values are summarised in our motto of:
‘Enjoy, Respect and Achieve’
We want our curriculum to promote independence in our children.
A Great Totham independent learner will have the skills to :
Rise to a challenge and find solutions
Apply learning in different contexts
Work both collaboratively and individually
We are a happy and successful school positively embracing change and striving to further improve by ‘personalising’ the learning experience for all our pupils.
The school is divided into 14 classes, two per year group. Each class teacher is supported by a teaching assistant, and many other ancillary staff play an important role in the running of the school.
Upper Junior children enjoy residential visits to Cromer and Liege during the summer term. Other year groups are given the opportunity to participate in day trips linked to their studies. The children are also offered a wide range of extra-curricular activities including our successful music school run by peripatetic staff.
Over the years the school has maintained a very high standard of pupil achievement, a caring family atmosphere and close links with the local community. The school is also supported by a hard-working PTFA and Governing Body. Much emphasis is placed on developing the skills and abilities of each child to his/her maximum potential within a caring, progressive, supportive and well-organised environment.
The buildings have been enhanced by a second hall, the Performance Studio. We have a super outside learning area, two libraries, ‘The Planet Suite’ for learning support, 'The Star Base' for Breakfast Club and Totham Tea Timers, a computer suite, a large playing field, a pond area, three playgrounds, adventure trails and an outdoor heated swimming pool. We also provide in-house catering facilities where the children can enjoy a freshly prepared, healthy meal every day.